Tuesday, November 3, 2009

art and technology

I am an elementary art teacher who is earning a master's degree in integrating technology into the classroom. Although I teach in a beautiful brand new school building, our district is definitely lacking when it comes to the materials we have to use technology in our classrooms. Some times I am able to sign out our digital overhead projector, for example I just did this with a unit on Chuck Close so that my students could view his website and see his large portraits projected onto the screen. They really enjoyed this and I wish I was able to do this on a daily basis, however the projector must be shared.
I was just curious if any other teachers would like to incorporate technology into their classroom more but feel like their hands are tied a little bit. I think it would be great to even have my students talk to an artist using video conferencing or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment